What drives me most is turning data into information and knowledge. My approach to information-driven analysis and design can be called "New Nordic" in the sense that I aim to exploit traditional Nordic ambitions such as superior quality, functionality, reliability and innovation; looking for new ways of communicating the structure and meaning of the business context.
A consultant by heart: I provide consulting, reviews and recommendations to data-driven projects:
- Business information analysis and design, incl. metadata and business vocabularies
- Data architecture
- Data modeling, not least graph models
- Database technologies (today mostly Neo4j)
- Metadata recycling of good data models intro graph data models
- Maintaining the graph data modeling tools' Hall of Fame!
I am an active writer and speaker. I live in Copenhagen, close to the airport. My company, TF Informatik, was founded in 1995 and is registered in Denmark (DK66048950).
The Atoms and Molecules of Data Modeling
2019: Full Scale Schema Modeling
Monetizing Information? Show Me Your Data Model
Next and Prior: Pointing in Data Models
The Emergence of "Metadata Science"? Using Graph Technology for Data Modeling
Design Thinking Data Models
Detecting Data Models
Whither Data Modeling Education? (The Future of Data Modeling)
How to Make Decisions About Data Modeling Relationships in Databases
How Not to Get Lost in 2018 with Knowledge Graphs: Map, Graph, Go!
Say No More: Verbal Data Models
Property Graphs: The Swiss Army Knife of Data Modeling
"Talk to me Data" - Getting Data Models Right
State of the art of Data Modeling?
Data Cataloging vs. Data Modeling: Reporting from EDW2017
Surrogate Keys: Paving the Way for Graph / NoSQL Data Models
Artificial Intelligence vs. Human Intelligence: Hey Robo Data Modeler!
Visual Normalization – Use the Power of the Dependencies
Data Models: Why not 3D?
Presentation at the GQL community update meeting Nov. 14th. 2018
Recent proposal for set algebra in openCypher
Blog post on Nordic APIS:
Empower GraphQL Schemas with Visualization and Pretty Content
- Business information analysis, incl. metadata and business vocabularies
- Data architecture with emphasis on graphs and knowledge graphs
- Data modeling using property graphs
- Database technologies, Neo4j
- On-site 1-day course: Business Concept Modeling
- In-house e-Learning course: Business Concept Modeling (3 modules)
- DI Federation of Danish Professional Service Firms (Management Consultants)
- The Cognitive Science Society
- The Data Warehouse Institute